Friday, June 17, 2011

Looking for a night at the drive-in movies?


Summer is here for some and slowly coming for others (the Oregonians):( But the prospect of being outside as much as possible came to mind. I remember when I was a little girl my mom would take me to the Drive-in to see scary slasher movies with her girlfriends. We would load up on popcorn and candy we brought from home along with our favorite blankets and pillows. I miss that. What ever happened to the Drive-in? It would be so great to see a revival of this almost forgotten pastime. Cool news is there may still be one in your area if you look hard enough. At this Drive-in site I found that you can enter your zipcode for the closest ones and find out which ones are still open. The closest one to the Portland area is in Newberg at the 99W Drive-in. I wonder how often they have car shows there. That could be fun. Let's all get out and support our local drive-in! Maybe you can spread the word and they can delight people a bit longer. I wonder, do they still have the dancing hot dogs on screen? I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment